Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Been There, Done That, Bought the T-Shirt




Guess what?

I did it! I managed to get in a lot writing yesterday, despite lots of interruptions. However, even those were a blessing as they gave me some ideas for dialogue and events in my sad little tale.

I made the challenge! I hit 50K while Isaac was napping. The story wasn't over yet, but I was close, and was able to finish it by supper.

NaNoWriMo challenge?

Been there, Done that, bought the T-shirt.

Literally.

After your word count is validated a new page on the NaNoWriMo site opens up just for "winners". You get to download buttons, a certificate, and you can purchase t-shirts declaring your winning status for 2010. I had to do it. I couldn't resist!

I am already thinking ahead to next year. I think I will try and get an outline of sorts started and some research. The rules are you can't start writing the actual story before Nov. 1. Outlines, research,interviews,etc, are allowed before then. I've always wanted to write a book. Now I can say I have. :D

Don't I sound cool, calm, blase, non-chalant?

Ha! I probably won't have to do any exercise today for all the "goodie goodie" dancing I am doing.

Meanwhile... the sewing pile is calling me and I need to get busy. Back to your regularly scheduled life.

2 comments:

Lori said...

How exciting! After reading a previous post, I had to check out their website. Now that I know about it, I'm going to start planning for next year.

Anonymous said...

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Job Lisa!!! Congratulations! (Here is your hug from 6500 miles away- (( ))

Love ya!
Shellee