Monday, October 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY...October 19th

Outside my window... full bright and brilliant sun after seemingly endless days of gray, rain and bleh.

I am thinking... Whew! How can so many things break down and not one of them be the hand beater I can't stand?

I am thankful for... A cozy home, albeit somewhat discombobulated at the moment.

I am wearing... jeans skirt, t-shirt, old apron for canning. I did have on a favorite comfy sweater, but shed that while working on cutting up apples.

I am remembering... breathe deep, don't get overwhelmed, enjoy the moment, and don't think about the huge pile of laundry, sewing, cleaning, and apples to do!

I am going... To JoAnn's this weekend to get some flannel that is on sale for pj bottoms for the boys.

I am reading... 2 Peter, and Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott

I am hoping... To plow through two bushels of apples today, despite all the chaos this morning from computer woes, coffee maker break down, and the furnace giving up the ghost.

On my mind... Vacation!

From the learning rooms... we are doing the bare minimum today because of doing applesauce. That would include a couple of worksheets for our Elephant Lap books. Also, we are done with our first quarter of school, so this weekend I will need to print up the quarterly reports.

Noticing that... I need to do some major decluttering throughout the house.

Pondering these words... from Oswald Chambers: "The great enemy to the Lord Jesus Christ in the present day is the conception of practical work that has not come from the New Testament, but from the systems of the world in which endless energy and activities are insisted upon, but no private life with God."

From the kitchen...Every large pot I can find filled with apple pieces being cooked down to make applesauce, and every large bowl filled with washed apples ready to be cut up and cooked down. In the crock pot is a delicious ham/onion/cabbage/cheese soup with a creamy base for supper.

Around the house... Just trying to do laundry, applesauce, and some schoolwork today.

One of my favorite things~the adrenaline high from finishing a quilt!

A picture thought for the day:



If you would like to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, please visit Peggy's blog for the guidelines.

No comments: