Monday, October 12, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, October 12th....

Outside my window... VERY cold, and a heavy frost! Yay!

I am thinking... This week is going to be very busy.

I am thankful for... our warm house (we haven't even had any heat on yet!), and the nice sunshine this morning.

From the learning rooms... We are finishing up a lap book on Johnny Appleseed, and starting a new one on Elephants.

From the kitchen... Split pea soup to cook, bread and rolls to make!

I am wearing... Long jean skirt, a t-shirt, and a warm, mauve, hand knit sweater my friend from church made me a couple years ago.

I am creating... an insane schedule for this week. Whew!

I am going... Over to church to decorate for the Harvest Dinner this Saturday, and hopefully to the Library to pick up some books I requested.

I am reading... "Julie and the Wolves" out loud to the kids.

I am hoping... to finish Jerusha's quilt this week, finish the prototype of a blouse for the twins, and start on our matching blouses or jumpers. Also, working on the BSJ! My knitting time is almost nil these days.

I am hearing... The children splitting up the Proverbs verses and devotional reading for our reading time in a few minutes.

Around the house... I need to vacuum and mop, and do a huge pile of laundry, and get the weekly logs filled out for school.

One of my favorite things... A quiet afternoon of handwork with the sun streaming in through our big picture window.

A few plans for the rest of the week: You know, I get to this part and realize I pretty much already answered this!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



Guidelines for participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook can be found here.

No comments: