Monday, October 5, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY October 5th.....

Outside my window... I declare, is that sunlight???

I am thinking... Oh so many things this morning.

I am thankful for... a great visit with my mom last weekend.

From the learning rooms... we are starting a lapbook on apples and Johnny Appleseed today.

From the kitchen... I have beens cooking to make an italian bean casserole for supper tonight; and I have two whole chickens thawing out to cook tomorrow, and I need need to get some bread started.

I am wearing... Pj's and bathrobe. Don't worry, I'll be getting dressed soon!

I am creating... a prototype slip on blouse for the twins. If the pattern is satisfactory, I'll use it for making our matching blouses to go with the matching jumpers for church. Also.. all I need to do is make the binding and get it on Jerusha's quilt!

I am going... to the library, either today or tomorrow, hopefully!

I am reading... Still working on Jo's Boys from Daily lit, and in Philippians in the Bible.

I am hoping... That the children will be able to break out of the "bickering" mode they have been in lately.

I am hearing... The fan over the stove running, and birds chirping away outside.

Around the house... Washer is running, dryer is running, beans are cooking, children are in sundry stages of finishing up breakfast and starting morning chores. We are a little behind this morning as I had to fight with the printer for some schoolwork stuff I needed and lost track of the time. The important thing is... I WON! Mwhahahahaha!

One of my favorite things... Time with family.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Going to the library, finishing up the organizational stuff for the week today; and we are doing a menu of "two chickens, four meals" from the Family Homestead.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

The Love of my life with the two youngest...


Want to join in? Go here for the guidelines!

No comments: