Monday, July 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook




For Today... July 27th

Outside my window... everything is dripping from a good storm we had overnight, but the air is already starting to feel heavy and muggy again.

I am thinking... after VBS this week I need to get things organized for formally starting school, but I also NEED to slow our schedule down a bit.

From the learning rooms... We have been gathering what we need for the upcoming term. I am waiting on a shipment of books from Rod and Staff. I am very energized to get things organized and ready to roll!

I am thankful for... Summer, and that it has been such an easy summer, though very busy.

From the kitchen... We have been enjoying strawberries and peas, and hopefully some beans soon from the garden.

I am wearing... A blue, flowered, knit nursing dress.

I am reading... Ezekiel, and "Next" by Micheal Crichton.

I am hoping...to finish an apron today, and tie up some lose ends before VBS starts tonight.

I am creating... or will be rather, creating a quilt for my 4 yo dd after I am done with the above mentioned apron that is WAY overdue!

I am praying... For a peaceful day, and wisdom in trying to slow down our schedule a bit.

Around the house... we need to finish renovating the new little boys' room, and get my oldest moved into his "new" room.

One of my favorite things... Cool summer nights with the fan on in the window.

A few plans for the rest of the week... VBS!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

No comments: