Monday, May 4, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY: May 4th, 2009

Outside my window... Cloudy, gray, a little chilly.

I am thinking... about how to prioritize the tasks I need to do today.

I am thankful for... My sweet husband.

From the learning rooms... Finishing up unit studies on Astronomy and the U.S. constitution, and finishing up different subjects for the year. I will be making a generic list of what we will be doing next year, based on what I can get for free online, or really cheap.

From the kitchen... Just enjoyed some coffee and delicious oatmeal.

I am wearing... My pj's... again. Really, I do get dressed in the mornings! I just wait until after Isaac has his morning feeding. It just happens he is sleeping in a bit today.

I am creating... Heart strings with my children by trying to have more play time with them and not as much "to do" list kind of thing.

I am going... Nowhere this week, Lord willing. Lots of fun stuff to do around here, and I am a hopeless homebody.

I am reading... Still in Psalms. Almost done with that. It is one of my favorite books in the Bible and I like to savor the reading time.

I am hoping... To finish the girls dresses and get their slips cut out and started this week. I didn't spend as much time as I thought I would last week on them.

I am hearing... Blessed quietness for the most part. Everyone but Isaac is awake, but cleaning their bedrooms.

Around the house... Need to make up this week's menu, shopping lists, and start planning next terms school work so I know what to order or look up online.

One of my favorite things... Laying down to snuggle and nurse Isaac in the wee hours of the morning or in the afternoon when the house is quiet.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I still need to make dentist appointments, and eye appointment for Benjamin. Also plan to sew and do some hand quilting and knitting as time allows. Outdoor, weather permitting, planting glads, getting the garden rototilled and started planted, and weeding the memorial garden and figure out what I would like to add to it this year.

Here is picture thought I am sharing:




Thanks to The Simple Woman for hosting this! http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: