Monday, September 15, 2008

Nature Walk Today

I didn't think we would be able to do this today when I first got up because of the weather. However, during our Proverbs reading and prayer time the sun came out, and stayed out long enough for us to enjoy some time outside.

This first pic is a tiny white flower I haven't positively identified yet. I *think* it may be a variety of pepperweed.


This spider tickled Caleb's fancy. Sorry for the blurriness! I was trying to get a pic of it while it was moving.


There was a little cluster of these mushrooms at the edge of our yard.


Jerusha in the meantime found this rock and wanted to display it.


The ever popular goldenrod, blooming in abundance right now in our area.


We have lots of these common chicories along the roads right now.


Esther found this catapillar and found out it was and American Dagger Moth. Gnarly looking, if you ask me.

No comments: