Friday, November 16, 2007

Today's ramblings and introduction

Well, here it goes. I just wanted to do a little introduction, then I guess I will jump right in.

I have 6 children, with number 7 due around Dec. 21st. Their ages range from 11 down to almost 3. My dh and I have been married for 16 1/2 years, and I can say without exaggeration that every year gets better. My dh is my best friend, and also happens to be my pastor. :)

We are a conservative family, trying to live simply, though life has a way of getting complicated in a hurry. We are enjoying homeschooling our children, training them, loving them, and bringing them up in the admonition of the Lord to the best of our ability.

Let's get a few things straight right now, things that are of interest in different Christians circles. While I don't have a problem with those that differ with us on these things, I think I will just go through a litany of "religious practices" so you know where we stand. Why we stand where we do I will get to at later dates.

We wear dresses and skirts. We do not headcover, but dh prefers long hair on us gals. I do not use cloth diapers at present, but have in the past. We joyously celebrate Christmas, but don't do Satan Claus. We do not partake of Jewish feasts as outlined in the OT; we are Gentiles, saved by grace. I do not think celebrating the Jewish feasts are sinful, nor do I think they make you closer to the Lord, or mare spiritual than those who don't. I love homeschooling. I do shop at Walmarts. I use only the KJV and believe it to be an accurate translation that God preserved for us. I believe all other versions are not God's preserved Word, because if they were translated from the Wescott and Hort, that means they were translated by unregenerate men. We do not approve of CCM at all in any form. I believe children are a blessing and not a curse, but also a lot of work. I fly the flag with pride, and am very glad to be an American, though I know the morals of the country need help. I believe in voting. I believe in supporting our troops, and yes, I think we are doing the right thing in Iraq, and fully believe if we just pull out of there suddenly there will be a repeat of the aftermath of the same in Vietnam. I don't think Bush should have ever been impeached, and think that if you don't liekt he leadership, or support our troops, or speak english as your primary language, or pay taxes, then you should excercise some of the freedoms you are enjoying at our expense and move out of the country. I like migrants should earn their own living and not use us as a hammock. I think they should pay taxes, and speak our language, and also pledge allegiance to the AMERICAN flag. If they are living in our country, they should abide by our rules and loyalties. If they don't like that, they are welcome to leave.

Okay... enough of that. That covers all the basics I think. LOL. Again, those are our beliefs, but if you don't agree, then that is fine. I should point out now that there is no debating here about any of the above.

On our agenda for today is the regular Friday routines... school, chores, laundry, and I have some sewing to do, that I need to get done before next Wednesday. Oh, and I need to start the crock pot for supper!

Praying for you all to have a peaceful and blessed day in the Lord!

3 comments:

mamabeck said...

::waving::

Hi! And welcome to Blogland!!!

come on over and visit me, too!
mamabeck

Smith Family said...

Welcome Lisa,
It was great fun ready about you.
I don't think i could have thought about writing all of that what a great introduction.
Marcy

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO Lisa you go girl. You so rock!!!