Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just Do It!

No, this isn't a Nike add.

I think all of us have tasks that we tend to, well, procrastinate about. Right now one of my biggest jobs that I put off is the ironing. The slight bending over, the heat, the standing up for that length of time, all get to me right now. Excusable, some would say, this close to the end of a pregnancy, but nontheless, I felt convicted about it for a couple weeks now. The basket I keep for ironing was full, and we were doing the very bare minimum just for Sunday's. Now with 8 people, that can add up.

The last couple weeks have been so busy here that I felt comfortable ignoring that basket in the corner of my room. But as I eyed it over the last couple days, I just knew I was going to have to deal with it sooner than later. Monday and Tuesday I had the excuse of doing applesauce. But today, we are taking a day off from canning since we have church tonight. I believe the Lord prompted me to think.. "this is the day I am going to catch up on the ironing!". Now, after I had my cup of java this morning, I was actually looking forward to conquering the Mt. St. Iron. Now that HAD to be from the Lord. So, while I assigned sundry chores to the children, I got at it. I wasn't sure if I would finish all the basket load, but I did, with the Lord's help. My back hurts, my hips hurt, and I am HOT, but it is caught up and that is a satisfying feeling. With pinafore dresses for all three girls, a kazillion dress shirts, and a couple of dresses for me all neat and tidy, ready for use, hanging in the closets... I am thankful that job is done.

Procrastination can be in any task that is put off just because we don't want to do it. What is your least favorite job, that tends to get pushed aside? My encouragement to you today is:
JUST DO IT!

No comments: