Friday, November 30, 2007

End of another busy week

Whew!

The applesauce is done! Yippeee! We actually got it done yesterday. Today we did some detail cleaning in the kitchen, packed up the canning stuff, and got it put away. then, as per Dh's instructions I took a nap this afternoon and just took it easy. I feel well rested now, and ready to start the next round of projects, which is wrapping Christmas presents, and getting some sewing done before baby arrives. There is still some shopping left to be done, but the majority of it is over. Dh is also fixing a small dresser for the baby's stuff, so when he is done with that we will set up a small nursery area in our room... portacrib, dresser, birthing supplies, that sort of thing.

School this week was very basic, as the children were wonderful helpers! They did all the running up and down stairs to get jars and lids, and helped wash apples, and were general gophers. My oldest son loved using hte Squeezo machine, and ended up doing most of it. Dh helped with the cleanup at night. It was truly a group effort, and I am so thankful for my good helpers!

We also got our second load of wood the other day. More stacking ahead! The woodstove is working out wonderfully. We have been using it for 4+ weeks, and the furnace hasn't run for anything but domestic water. It is already showing a huge savings for heat. What we have should be enough to get us through the winter. The temperatures here are such that it doesn't take much to heat the house, especially with wood. We'll see how we do when it gets colder. There may be times overnight when the woodstove doesn't keep up and the furnace will run, but even so, we'll still save a lot on the fuel bill supplementing with the woodstove.

Well, I can smell supper cooking.. I have some pork chops, squash, and potatoes in the oven baking. I am sure dh will be looking to eat soon, so I better go get some of my good helpers to set the table.

Ya'll have a blessed evening!

No comments: