Saturday, November 17, 2007

Busy as a beehive... so what else is new?


Whew! What a day it has been. We have been busy since we got up. We had pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, then stripped all the beds and created a nice mountain of laundry to deal with. After sundry distractions, one of the girls and I left to do some shopping and dh and the other set up to stack wood. We were blessed by a delivery of about 7 1/2 face cords of seasoned, cut and split wood from the church. We have been trying to get it stacked inside as much as possible. When I say "we" I mean dh and children. At 35 weeks preggers, I'm not carting much wood around. :)


For those who don't know, we were blessed to have the woodstove and new chimney installed a few weeks ago. It has been wonderful to have wood heat again! I'll have to post a pic here of the stove. It was given to us, from a friend. It had been stored for a couple years, and was very rusty. My oldest ds went at it with a steel brush, got all the rust off, then dh painted it. It looks brand new! We have set it up in the basement (finished), and have a little reading/rec area down there now. It is quite cozy!


Anyway, when I got back from shopping, my back hurt, I had ligaments hurting, and I was SO tired! It was after 2, so my dd and I had a quick lunch then I laid down on the couch for a little bit. She made some bread (see pic above) for me. At 9 years old, she can do way more in the kitchen than I could when I first got married! My oldest son also loves to cook, and made the cake for my dh's bday, which we are celebrating tomorrow.


Dh left to go calling, and I wrapped his bday presents. When he got back, he and some of the children continued stacking. I worked on some quilting. I am so thankful for machine quilting! I would never get this quilt done in time otherwise. This one HAS to be done before my dad and stepmom get out here Wednesday night. Whew!


No comments: