Monday, January 12, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ January 12



Outside my window... It is a frosty and cold, and a beautiful wintry day!

I am thinking... That if the clouds clear up tomorrow, then maybe we can get the telescope out and star gaze tomorrow night.

I am thankful for... The many, many abundant blessings of God, and His goodness to us, and the safe arrival of my new nephew!

From the learning rooms... Doing a lapbook about Lewis and Clark, starting a big unit study on Astronomy, and the regular basic work.

From the kitchen...We had chili con quesa for supper, and it smelled delicious.. and tasted even better. :)

I am wearing...a plaid "lounger" type dress, with a matching nursing t-shirt underneath, my trusty slippers.

I am creating...hopefully an atmosphere of peace and joy in my home.

I am going...Nowhere for at least a couple weeks. I am enjoying the time home, recovering from Isaac's birth, and getting to know our newest blessing.

I am reading... 2 Samual, Mommy Diagnostics, and Angels and Demons

I am hoping... To be able to sleep more tonight! LOL

I am hearing... Children finishing up some corrections on their schoolwork, and my oldest practicing piano. Oh, and Isaac just started fussing.

Around the house... Just trying to keep up with the basics as best we can for now.

One of my favorite things... Watching Isaac make faces in his sleep.

A few plans for the rest of the week: More of the same... just keeping things slow and steady, and trying to keep up with the basics.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

No comments: