Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Couple of "Firsts" and Misc. Rambling

We have hit a couple little mile stones with Isaac. The first one is that he smiled. Not that "I've got gas" smile, but a deliberate, look at Mama, and mimick the smile I was doing. He as done a few now for me and for Dale, and though I have hovered like the paparazzi, I haven't been able to catch it on the camera yet.

The next one is that for two nights in a row, Isaac has had a good chunk of sleeping time, one night was 5 hours (gasp... wow, real sleep!), and last night there was a 4 1/2 hour stint. Then he went right back to sleep for about 2 1/2, and is still in a food-induced coma in the bedroom. :)

Also, I finally tried Isaac in the sling, which after fussing for a couple minutes, he fell asleep and napped for 3 hours in it. I don't know if it was due to liking the snuggly feeling of the sling, or he was just overtired anyway. Either way, it was nice to have all the cuddle time!



Recovery from birth is going well enough for me. I feel like I am starting to get back into the groove of the basics here, and that tired, overwhelmed feeling has been less and less frequent in rearing its ugly head. Not that I am keeping up on everything, but close enough for now. Between all of us, no one is going hungry, naked, or dirty. :)

Yesterday we got some fresh snow, it the temperature dropped to low single digits last night. This morning the sun decided to make an appearance, and the landscape is all sparkly. I sent Benjamin out a little while ago to try and capture it digitally, as I wasn't dressed yet, and still on my first cup of java. The pics definately do not do the real thing justice! Trust me when I say, it was truly gorgeous.





No comments: