Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ahhhhh.... Autumn!

I am sure everyone is somewhat familiar with that famous song from Sound of Music.. My Favorite things... Well, here are a few of my favorite things about fall.

The ability to drink tea and not sweat to death.


The crisp cool air replacing the humid, oppressive, hazy air of summer. It's like getting a new lease on life!


Going for a walk in the evening and seeing views like this:


Who can not love the taste of fresh apple cider, apple butter, apple crisp, apple sauce, apple pie.... or just a plain ol' apple, fresh from the tree?


The colors of fall! Decorating is wonderful this time of year.


The bounty of harvest:


Watching the crops come in:


Beautiful vistas:


The sound of geese flying south. I don't know why, but I love that sound!


Of course, some of the enjoyment is the knowledge that there are three whole seasons before we get the "hot and sticky" again. I love the smell of the wood that is being stacked for use in the cold weather. I like to watch the children play in the leaves they raked up to jump in. I love the fact that I can cuddle under our warm quilts and be comfortable. I actually look forward to the quietude of winter days where quilting and knitting aren't activities that make me too hot. :) Fall days... crisp air, storing up for winter, and being thankful for God's provision.

No comments: