Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Jerusha!

I know, I know... her birthday was last Wednesday, but we had her party last night.  I say "party", meaning just us chickens.  :)

Let me assure you, there were WAY more balloons that what is pictured here.  I had the little ones playing games with them for a while and burning off some energy, then they settled down to watch a tape.  That is when I put up the decorations and made supper.  Dale was off getting the older kids from camp.



In case you haven't guessed, Jerusha's favorite color is PINK!



Tell me what is wrong with this picture.  :/


This is the Chicken mixture for making the chicken nachos from the above pictured cookbook. Yup dinner from "The Biggest Loser Cookbook", and then cheesecake for dessert????  Jerusha also chose to have cheese curls (wish you were here Grandma!) and root beer, and applesauce.


Even though it was cheesecake, I still put a candle on it.  :D


The problem with having no cover charge for these things, is that all manner of riffraff can get in.


Present opening time!


I bought this Fancy Nancy flannel a while back, before Christmas.  I will be making her a nightgown with it.


What Princess doesn't like a pretty dress!  You'll notice it has short sleeves. Even so, she begged me to wear it to church today.  I told her she could, but had to wear a nice sweater, which she was glad to do.  She told me her favorite thing about the dress was the puff sleeves.  Time for her to watch Anne of Green Gables!


A new pencil bag!


Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!


You can't tell from this pic, but that is a very shiny and colorful headband from Esther.


Elizabeth made her this beaded bracelet. :)


We had a very nice Sunday with the usual schedule.  However, it is much warmer than it has been, and the sun was out, so Elizabeth and I decided to go for a Sunday stroll.

Esther asked, while observing my preparations for departure, "Mom, is a 'Sunday Stroll', supposed to involve you wearing your hiking boots????"

The side of the roads are still slushy, so Elizabeth and I decided to go up what we call the "Hill Climb" and enjoy the view for a few minutes.  Then we just wandered about for a while.  After we got back, I curled up with a book, and read a couple chapters before falling asleep.  Next thing I knew Dale was waking me up to get ready for leaving for choir practice!  Funny how that happens?  Really, I was just going to lay down for a few minutes then put the binding on the two quilts I finished quilting over the weekend.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow after school!

Hope you have had a wonderful Lord's Day!

1 comment:

Regina said...

What a wonderful birthday! Please let Miss Jerusha know that we said, "Happy Birthday!" nice and loud! :) She's such a sweetie! :)