Friday, July 29, 2011

A Crazy- Busy Week and Knitting WIP's






What a week!

This week we have had Vacation Bible School. Anyone involved in such a venture knows that no matter how big or small the group is, it still ramps up the intensity of busyness.

Added to that... is taking Benjamin back and forth to work at a blueberry farm in our area.

Added to that... two days were missed by me, Jerusha, Josiah, and Isaac, and one day Elizabeth due to the tummy bug going through some of us. Thankfully, no one else got it!

Oh, and yesterday we spent the day picking squash and green beans and getting them put up in the freezer.

Needless to say, there hasn't been a whole lot of time for quilting and knitting, but I have been plugging away at some of my WIP's.... "Work in Progress".

I finished the bottom band and was contemplating how to block it before continuing. I was going to give it a gentle hand wash, then lay it out in the sun on the picnic table, but believe it or not, the days have been cloudy, with some rain!

So, this morning I decided to try and steam block it with the iron. I worked it and worked it, but couldn't get the pattern to open up satisfactorily. I decided to hand wash it, then pat it dry a bit, then hand spread it out on the ironing board and set it in my room in front of the oscillating fan. It will take a bit to dry but it looks good so far. Isaac watched the process and seemed to approve.



Here's a close up of the leaf pattern in the band:



I couldn't resist starting on a neck insert while I still had the ins and outs of the leaf pattern in my head. This is just about 20 rows in... not very much, but at least it is a start.



Meanwhile, every couple days I work a bit on Elizabeth's socks. I'm about 60% through with them.



I've been picking up stitches on my STILL unfinished Seaweed Cardi. There are over 340 for the band around the neck and fronts! Whew! The Bella Blouse and socks require a bit more concentration, so the picking up stitches and then working the ribbing on the Seaweed Cardigan is an "easy" type of knitting I can do in the evenings when too tired to concentrate on something more complicated.

Hope you are all having a wonderful week!

No comments: