Saturday, July 23, 2011

Couscous Vegetable Salad

Here is another great hot weather dish. I LOVED it... my kids... ehhhh, not so much. Too bad, so sad, for them. I'm definitely making this again. I tripled this recipe, and got a lot of the veggies from the garden. Yummy!

Couscous Vegetable Salad

2 cups cooked couscous
1 Cup sliced yellow summer squash
1/2 cup sliced zucchini
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 chopped red onion
1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained.
1 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek and it was very good!)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry powder (you want this... adds a nice zip to the dish and leaves your tongue interested at the finish.)

Mix couscous, summer squash, zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, and garbanzo beans in a large bowl. Combine yogurt, salt and curry powder in a small bowl, then stir into the couscous mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.

Bon apetit!

No comments: