Monday, April 4, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY April 4th...

Outside my window... Woke up to a veritable deluge and our first set of thunderstorms! It is just very gray and very wet, and threatening to rain again now.

I am thinking... of the many projects on my "To Do" list this spring, and trying not to spin my mental wheels on certain trials going on right now with our church.

I am thankful for... Those times when we see God working in ways we never imagined possible, and seeing the evidence of His working in someone's heart. So precious!

From the learning rooms... Normal round of academics this week, plus standardized testing later in the week.

From the kitchen... Menu planning, and bread making.

I am wearing... brown corduroy skirt, rust colored shirt, belt and my slippers. :)

I am creating... a general schedule for the week, and starting to plan our garden.

I am going... to be getting lots of sewing done this week... I hope!

I am reading... Uncle Tom's Cabin, and John Adams ( a biography by David McCullough).

I am hoping... so many things on my heart today, but most of all hoping for God to put his arm around my shoulders and hand over my mouth.

I am hearing... Some music practice going on, Jerusha's history video on Alexander Graham Bell, and Isaac walking around jabbering in toddlerese, and making race car noises.

Around the house... Tackling Mt. Washmore, and general picking up after a busy weekend.


One of my favorite things... a leisurely stroll on a sunny day with the family.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Tackling some quilting with gusto, yard picking up if the weather cooperates, and just being about the normal business of living life.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Feline indecision. On the couch? Or do I fully commit to the window?






For guidelines to join go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: