Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Vest For Caleb



I think this is my first official FO for 2011! I have been working on Caleb's vest since just before Christmas, and think I made pretty good time with it, given the busyness of the season and all. I used the Basic Vest Pattern for Children by Knitting Pure and Simple, with City Tweed in Jacquard from Knit Picks. The yarn is so soft, and gorgeous to work with.

Up next on my needles is a little matching vest for Isaac. I expect this to work up even faster. I am also in the midst of choosing some yarn for a KAL on the Seaweed Cardigan. It is a very easy lace pattern that works up quickly, if all the Ravelry posts can be trusted. :)

I have one quilt ready to quilt, and another that is close to it. I am waiting on some tracing paper for the one, as I have opted to do more fancy machine quilting on it than just stippling, and the other is a disappearing nine patch, so I will be doing a simple all over design for that, requiring no tracing. I also have plans for another throw quilt with some of the wonderful charm squares I got last fall. I've been mulling over what to do with them, and haven't decided yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The Lord has certainly blessed you with many talents, Lisa, the vest is very nice! Sounds like you have a cozy, busy winter planned. ((hugs))
Shellee