Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Peter's Pinwheels

Winter has definitely settled in here, and we are enjoying the cold weather. Well, I am enjoying it. It is perfect for quilting, and snuggling up in front of the wood stove with the kids and watching a movie, or knitting, or just hanging around.

People I know keep having babies and getting married, so my list of quilts to make suddenly became very packed. Ain't that a pitty?

My latest creation is "Peter's Pinwheels", overdue for my newest nephew, who was born back in November. I just have to do the label and get it in the mail, hopefully by this weekend. It was a simply pieced quilt, but I fiddled with the quilting a lot more than I usually do, and had fun playing around with some continuous line templates I have.

Front...



Back...



Close up...


Next up is Jerusha's fleece cape for her birthday, which I cut out today while she was napping, and quilting another nephew's quilt, the one that got married in December.

Have a wonderful evening!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa! Just so NICE! :)

The Savage said...

Love the 'literation in the title! ;-)

Looks like we'll be teaching him to play checkers on the back. Love the quilting! Looking forward to seeing it in person eventually. ;-P

Lisa said...

That is what Dale said about the back. LOL! Actually the kids' quilts with the checkerboard on the backs are quite popular at craft shows. :D