Monday, January 17, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY January 17th...

Outside my window... Baby it's cold outside! When I got up it was -7 out there. Winter has arrived!

I am thinking... Isaac has something against sleeping.

I am thankful for... Coffee. And lots of it.

From the learning rooms... Starting a new unit study on Amelia Earhart, and on the Iditarod/Alaska.

From the kitchen... Menu planning, and grocery list making. Hmmm... what to have for supper tonight?

I am wearing... courderoy skirt, turtleneck, leggings, and a thick, warm sweater.

I am creating... Two quilts (in the quilting state.. Yay!), a cape for the birthday girl this week, and a knitted vest for Isaac.

I am going... to take Benjamin to his Orthodontist appointment Thursday, and celebrating Jerusha's 6th birthday on Saturday.

I am reading... Just the Bible presently.

I am hoping... that everyone settles down into routine quickly today. We have "adopted" two more for 10 days while some friends are out of town.

I am hearing... soft chitter chatter from every quadrant of the house.

Around the house... Neverending Laundry, some general picking up, cleaning the bathrooms, and lots of stoking of the woodstove.

One of my favorite things... Curling up in the evening with a cup of tea and some knitting and Pumpkin curling up in my lap.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Lots of sewing and quilting, schooling, Jerusha's Birthday party, my mom coming (Hopefully!!!), orthodontist appointment, and trying to keep the peace and my sanity, though I may have to sacrifice one for the other.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

The Cat Ate My Homework



For the guidelines to the Simple Woman's Daybook go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There Lisa! Your new "do"looks comfy and very easy to care for, yeah for you! 1 question... when the curl comes back how much more does it bounce up? Just wondering...with my curly hair, if I cut it short, it would be all over the place, lol! (you look great!) ((hugs))
Shellee