Monday, August 30, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY August 3oth...

Outside my window... Sunny and HOT again... summer is back.

I am thinking... "October will come, October will come...."

I am thankful for... The healthy busyness of our lives, even if it can get overwhelming at times.

From the learning rooms... Beginning unit studies on the Crusades, as well as Bees. It's the beginning of our third full week of school!

From the kitchen... right now I smell a cake in the oven, thanks to Josiah and Esther!

I am wearing... Long denim skirt, and laramie red t-shirt.

I am creating... a couple of surprises that I can't share just yet. :D

I am going... to enjoy a long weekend this week!

I am reading... Under the Lilacs by Louisa May Alcott, working on Master Your Metabolism by Julian Michaels, and rereading A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola.

I am hoping... to get my minimalist cardigan put together this week. All the knitting on it is done!

I am hearing... the general hubbub of a busy household.

Words I am thinking about... "The tendency today is to put the emphasis on service. Beweare of the people who make usefulness their groud of appeal.If you make usefulness the test, then Jesus Christ was the greatest failure that ever lived. The lodestar of the saint is God Himself, not estimated usefulness. It is the work that God does through us that counts, not what we do for Him. " ~ Oswald Chambers

Around the house... Laundry, menu planning, laundry, shopping list making, laundry, school organization, laundry, general picking up, laundry, making bread... oh, did I mention laundry?

One of my favorite things... A lazy Sunday afternoon, snuggled up napping with Isaac.

A few plans for the rest of the week: More of the same old, same old up until the weekend. It is packed with lots of visiting!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



If you want to participate in the Simple Woman's daybook, go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: