Monday, August 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY August 23rd...

Outside my window... very gray and rainy... *yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn*

I am thinking... I need some more caffeine in my system.

I am thankful for... the rain we have had yesterday and today... we need it!

From the learning rooms... Our second week of school! Continuing in our Dragonfly unit study, and reading of Ivanhoe, and music practice, and all the other subjects we will tackle this week.

From the kitchen... cooking pinto beans, and making peanut butter cookies.

I am wearing... Blue A-line dress I made from an EL pattern.

I am creating... a Seminole - pieced wall hanging for the boys' room, and will be doing a tutorial for the process on my blog when I am finished. :D

I am going... to a local quilt shop later this week that is having a huge end of the summer sale, and out to the bulk food store for some much needed items.

I am reading... "Master Your Metabolism" by Julian Michaels, and Under the Lilacs by Louisa May Alcott.

I am hoping... to be able to have a time of creativity tonight.

I am hearing... the beater going in the kitchen (from the bakers making up peanut butter cookie dough), and the laundry folders behind me doing lip service to "76 Trombones..." from the Music Man.

Around the house... starting a full schedule of schoolwork today, plus the usual post-weekend laundry, and picking up.

One of my favorite things... Lazy, rainy, Sunday afternoons that are perfect for taking naps and laying around reading or watching a movie with the kids.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Fibers of Faith meets tonight, and we may be closing the pool this week due to much cooler weather all week. The kids have even said "I'm not swimming when it is this cold!"

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This feeling is contagious!


For guidelines to participate in the Daybook go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: