Saturday, August 28, 2010

Learning at the Beehive

We have now completed two full weeks of school! Here is some of what we have been up to:


Read aloud time...( Actually we are done with Ivanhoe, and have moved on to Prince and The Pauper since this picture was taken. It is kicking off our unit study on Mark Twain.)




I read these with Jerusha (and Isaac as he toddled by) while she was reviewing the letter "Ee":




Jerusha practicing some printing... oh, and yes, that is a green egg (but no ham):




I have a new book for Jerusha this year...




Here is the outside of it...




In the midst of our first week I did up some stewed tomatoes from our garden:




Here is Caleb looking Oh SO Thrilled to be working on English:



We did a mini-unit study on dragonflies:










Here Isaac is learning some engineering skills (ummm, he had help):



Not sure what Isaac is learning here... except, maybe how to manipulate his siblings?
(Yes, that is the cat in the basket with him):



Here is Isaac learning to love coffee. Actually, I don't think that will take any learning... I think it is in his blood. :D

2 comments:

Regina said...

Lovely pictures Lisa. I can relate so very well! My kids love coffee too. ;)

Unknown said...

LOL! I love the "Caleb LOVING English" or whatever...cracked me up! Great pictures, Lisa! Neat to see what you are up too...the dragonfly craft is neat-o! :D