Monday, June 1, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, June 1st~

Outside my window... It is clouzy but a tad breezy, in the 70's, and the laundry lines are full!

I am thinking... About the quilt I am working on, and trying figure out how I can get more time in to work on it.

I am thankful for... Sundays and days where we can relax and recharge for another round of activity and productivity.

From the learning rooms... Our official term is over, but I need to administer the PASS tests this week, do up the 4th quarter grades, and send those in with an IHIP form for next term. I also need to make up our Rod and Staff order.

From the kitchen... Amish friendship cake in the oven now, and smelling goooood!

I am wearing...Jean skirt, red nursing top with little cow embellishments. Hardy har har.

I am creating... The quilt for my neice's wedding next month.

I am going... No where this week, thankfully!

I am reading... "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn", actually listening to it on CD, and the book of Isaiah.

I am hoping... It won't rain on my drying laundry!

I am hearing... A few children out in the garden weeding, Benjamin playing with Isaac, and Jerusha and Caleb chatting nicely together at the table while they color.

Around the house... A couple MAJOR projects. One is renovating the kids bedrooms, then rotating residences in said room to accomodate our numbers better.

One of my favorite things... The relaxing time at the end of the day when a lot of work is done, and we are all sitting around chatting, while I do some knitting or sewing.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Getting the boys moved out of their room so we can get the old rug up and start painting. Also we will be gardening and working on stacking the new wood.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...




Visit The Simple Woman's Blog for guidelines:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: