Friday, March 1, 2013

So Much For Resolutions!

I began this year by resolving to blog at least a couple of times a week, even if it was a boring update, no matter what... but obviously I've not kept up on that!  Since starting the Fitness Friday posts, I've been rather remiss.  I do have good excuses,  but that doesn't help the fact that I just haven't been posting.

So... this is a catch-up of sorts.  :)

Mostly, since the last post, we've been dealing with varying degrees of sickness in the house.  Mostly it has been that yucky cold/flu that is running rampant right now.  Today, for the first time, I think we are all on the mend!  For the first time in about a week I feel like my head congestion is clearing up.  We've all had days where we had no energy and couldn't do more than a little bit of school work and then just lay down for the rest of the day.  I had a couple days at the beginning of the week where I wouldn't have been able to get out of my own way if my life depended on it.  Overall, I'd say the family is on the mend, and everyone is generally showing more energy and able to get things done normally.  I am actually very thankful, because it could have been MUCH worse (you know, involving buckets and the like... blech.... ) so we aren't complaining.

On days when I had more energy I was able to work on some quilting.  Sometimes I just snuggled down and worked on some handwork, but I was able to finally finish up Isaac's monkey quilt.





I had lots of corners from making the snowball blocks so I made this wonky pinwheel quilt.  I'm working on a baby quilt for my nephew who was born in December, but once I'm finished with that, I'll quilt the wonky pinwheel.  It was made entirely from my stash.  :)  I took pictures while making the wonky blocks so I will post a tutorial on that very soon. Also, for once, I actually know how I'm going to quilt it!  I can't wait to get started!  I'm planning on doing some experimenting.  


Elizabeth made some healthy-ish biscotti about a week or so ago on a day when she was feeling particularly energetic and creative.  I'll be posting the recipe for that very soon too.  (Sorry about all the plugs for future posts, but I don't have time to do the tutorial or dig out the recipe right now.  Plus, maybe that will get me back on here before next month!  LOL!)


Hope everyone is healthy!  Have a great evening!



No comments: