Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Few Finished Objects

I know, this is my third post today.  I am playing catch up, and instead of lumping everything in one long post I've decided to categorize everything.

My blog has been quiet, but I have been busy.  Very busy.  Some has been quilting, some knitting, and some has been life changing... but is yet another post.

For THIS post, I just wanted to share some of my finished knitting projects.  I have some quilting I have been working on, and though one is almost finished, I'll wait and post about that another time.

I finally finished Dale's sweater late in February.  It was supposed to be for Christmas.  Pffft.  I loved the pattern, Hallows Pullover, which I purchased from Knitpicks.com.  I had to alter the pattern a wee bit to accommodate Dale's long arms and torso, and thus needed to buy an extra skein of yarn, wait for it to arrive, and then finish it up.  I am pleased with how this came out.  I think it is my best attempt at a sweater to date.






This is a ruffle scarf made from some Paton's novelty yarn.  The girls and I all bought some around Christmas time and I found them to be a nice, quick, instant gratification project.  I have another skein, with coral and tan, and off white that I will make for this spring.




This is a cowl, made from extra bulky Lopi yarn.  I have all the details on my Ravelry account.  It was made from a free pattern by Laura Farson.  Very easy, very quick.  I've started another on in apple green.  I know, just in time for Spring, and warmer weather!



 Here is a close up of the stitching:


That is it for now.  Have a great day!  

1 comment:

Regina said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa! That cowl turned out beautifully! That's the one you were casting on when you were at our house a few weeks ago. Wonderful job! I also love the ruffle scarf, and well, Dale wore the sweater when you were here last too. LOL You're a very quick knitter! I'm amazed!

I'd also looked at the girls culottes. What a blessing!

I'm looking forward to our visit in April. :)

Have a wonderful day dear friend!

Blessings,
Regina