Sunday, June 26, 2011

Random Blocks

I am involved in a group charity project. It is a scrappy type quilt, and the only stipulations was the 12" block size. What a fun way to reacquaint myself with my horrendously large scrap stash.

I did these three blocks:


"Oh Susanna" Quilt Block:



"Double Pinwheel" Block:



"Butterfly" Block:



I got all these patterns for free from the McCalls Quilt Block site. There are tons of them to choose from! You could very easily do a sampler quilt or two, or three or four... you get the idea. Most of the quilt block patterns have variations for different sized blocks,too.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Mamachildress said...

What pretty quilt blocks! My favorites are the 1st and 3rd. Your scrap fabric is pretty!

Duane and Shellee said...

Lisa you do such a great job! If the Lord allows, I would love for you to teach me basic quilting and how to pull all the fabrics together etc., while on furlough. (Wouldn't the guys LOVE that, hee-hee)

love you and praying for you my friend!
Shellee

Lisa said...

Shellee,

I would love the opportunity to have the quilting bug bite you. :P If we can work that out (the Lord IS in the miracle business after all!) then I would be happy to give you a crash course on quilting. You'll be surprised at how easy and pretty the basics are.