Monday, February 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY February 1st.... ( I can't believe it is February already!)

Outside my window... Sunshine!

I am thinking... There are one too many Mondays in the week.

I am thankful for... The end of the day.

I am wearing... multi colored tiered skirt and matching t-shirt, socks, and slippers. (Ha! It is night time when I am doing this and I came "this close" to changing into my pj's before I wrote this1 Neener neener neener!)

I am remembering... The warm feeling of fellowship in the Lord with a new family that has been visiting our church for a couple of weeks.

I am going... to be sewing like a mad fool this week to make a quick lap quilt for our Fibers of Faith ministry. Dale is going to visit someone later this week in Hospice care and the Lord laid it on my hear to do the lap quilt.

I am currently reading... John Adams by David McCullough.. I HIGHLY recommend this book... all his books. Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!!!

I am hoping... I can fix my sewing machine quickly tonight. It has an alarming knocking to it.

On my mind... This rough day that is thankfully almost over.

Noticing that... My winter sewing pile isn't getting any smaller, and my spring/summer sewing list grew exponentially over the weekend. Yikes!

Pondering these words... "Consider the lilies of the field" - they grow where they are put. Many of us refuse to grow where we are put, consequently we take root nowhere. ~ Oswald Chambers

From the kitchen... We were tortured this evening with the smell of a spiral ham cooking for dinner. Leftover aplenty for split pea soup! Yummy!

Around the house... the usual Monday busyness today: Menu planning, making up shopping lists, LOTS of laundry, organizing the home school week, music practice, tidying up after the weekend, etc.

One of my favorite things... Seeing the sun make the snow on the ground sparkle like jewels from heaven.

On my prayer list... Several extremely ill people we know in our community. My heart is saddened that their health is going downhill so quickly that we don't expect them to be with us much longer.

I am hoping... that tomorrow will yeild a much more smooth day, and lots of sewing getting done.

A picture thought....



(The above was a quilt I made for my mother in law in 2006. I can't believe what a little tot Jerusha looks like! Do they have to grow so quickly?)

To participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy's blog.

No comments: