Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Busy Days

Dale went back to work last Friday. It wasn't so bad on Friday because it was just one day, then two days off. Monday morning after he left, however, seemed quite challenging. The whole day ahead before he got home! And a whole WEEK before he was off again. Makes the week seem very long, to say the least.

We are back into our busy, everyday life routines for the most part. Homeschooling is going well. We are enjoying studying spiders, ptarmigans, Alaska, and George Washington, amongst the basics. We finished reading Ten P's in a Pod, and are now reading Charlotte's Web in our read-aloud time. They have seen the movie, and read the book, but since we were doing a study on spiders, it seemed appropriate.

We have been blessed to have a young lady from another church playing piano at our church on Sunday mornings for us. It takes a lot of pressure off of me, and I can go and enjoy the sermon without feeling like I should be at the piano. The children who are doing music have done several specials over the last few weeks. Benjamin, Esther, and Josiah, who just started this year, like the piano, and Elizabeth likes to play the recorder. Benjamin and Elizabeth just started working on a duet from the hymnal. Esther and Daddy will sing while Benjamin and Elizabeth play. That will be a first without Mama. Usually I help sing, or play, or something. This time I just make sure they get the practice time in.

Our different sewing projects are moving along, now that they are working on them regularly. Benjamin is making a quilt, and is at the point where we need to find some border and backing fabric for him. Elizabeth did a latch hook project and made it into a throw pillow. She gave it to the deacon's wife for her birthday, albeit it was a belated gift. Esther is working on her latch hook still, sewing the backing on by hand. I have been involved in a Paula Vaughn cross stitch that I started over a year ago. Right now it is my favorite "decompress" time thing to do. I do that until my eyes cross, then read for a while.

I am noticing the days are losing their "surreal" quality. I still have times when I am fidgety and my heart feels Oh so heavy, but I can get in a full day and cope with things without melting down for the most part. I keep busy as I can in hopes it will help me to fall asleep at night, but I am still having trouble on that front. I think it is getting better, for instead of finally falling asleep at 2 am., it is now 1 am. It is at least going in the right direction. I did have one night last week when I didn't fall asleep until 5a.m. but that was only once.

Everyday life is keeping me busy. With six active children to school, feed, and train, life is never dull around here. I find that I need to build up my stamina again. Having Dale home made me so spoiled! I have been so tired the last couple days from doing all the brain work, and training, schooling, planning, etc. Dale was wonderful at doing the mental work. Our marriage is tempermental. The mental ability is from Dale, and I am the the "temper" part. :)

I appreciate all the encouraging words that have been left in the comments. Believe me, I treasure them, and I should be thanking you all for them more diligently.

No comments: