Sunday, February 4, 2018

Where Did January Go?

Time does fly when you are busy!  I cannot believe I have totally missed the month of January on here.  I was hoping to post once a week back in the fall, then realized I was more likely to post once a month with a "catch up" post.  Apparently I am failing at that too!

Our Christmas break was great.  I really needed a breather from all the hustle and bustle.  The kid were on break, I was on break, all was going well until the second half when the tummy bug hit the house and people started spending a lot of time in the bathroom or with buckets.  We made it through, and even though it came back and made a second visit for many of us,  Liz and I were the only ones who avoided it.  At least that is what I thought.  A week after the last victim recovered, I got it.  It was short-lived, thankfully, just SO annoying.  Liz never did get it.  She mostly hid upstairs in a corner or at work.

January 8th we all started back with most of our regular routine.  It kicked off art and piano lessons, dual enrollment classes and and a new term for me.  My LAST term, I might add.  I have four weeks of undergrad study left, and then I'm done! 

Until April 30th when I start with the MFA program.  That's right peeps, proving myself a glutton for punishment, I'm jumping right into a master's program for Creative Writing and English.  I've looked over the program, and there is a TON of writing, and a TON of reading. 

Wicked.  Awesome.

But I digress....

Some of the highlights from this past month were:


New Gaming console.  Yippee.  Just what we need. (NOT!)





Esther was certified as a CNA and began work at our local hospital on the long term care floor.  The girl works the graveyard shift.  Better her than me.




Ben is... well... eating.  No surprise there.  Actually he and Heather are planning their wedding, scheduled for August 19th, 2018.  




Jerusha had her 13th birthday, and as per family tradition got two more holes in her head.  Her best friend also had hers done at the same time.  We had a fun girls' day out with going to the mall, eating at Friendly's, and going to the movies.  We saw the new Jumanji film.  Eh... it was okay.  The original with Robin Williams was much better. 




Of course I did a cake.  :)


(Thorn is her name on Roblox, which she plays a lot.)




Because I have NOTHING to do, I've been participating with a QAL (Quilt Along for you non-quilters) and using up some of my stash.  The blocks will be all set on point in the final project, so that is how I am photographing them.  The QAL is from Pat Sloan's sight, called "Let's Go Camping!" You can follow the link for the QAL if you want to join it.  The link will lead you to the Block #2, but all the previous links for supplies, general directions and tips, and Block #1 are all available for download. Never too late! 

January: Sunset Over the Lake




February: Burnt Marshmellows



I admit I am playing with Pat Sloan's titles because my color palette is very different from hers. The patterns are fun, and easy to follow.  The January block took much longer than the February, which was super easy and quick.  You can also post pics of the blocks on her site to enter for a monthly freebie.  Nothing to lose on this QAL!  

We have been having some cold, some snow... you know, winter weather here in Pennsylvania.  And I'm loving it every minute.  

Blessings,
Lisa  

No comments: