Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Gag Me With a Red Heart




Most people who know me understand that I don't really care for Valentine's Day.  It is really my husband's fault.  Everyday he finds a way to show me that he loves me.  He is kind, sweet, and puts up with my temper, argumentative spirit, and frustrations like a gentlemen.  He opens the door for me, kisses me, and tells me he loves me multiple times every day.

Not only that, but my man knows how to fill in when I am so busy I don't have time to blink.  He cooks, cleans, cracks the whip with the kids.  He doesn't "watch the kids".  He isn't a babysitter.  He is a parent, and he knows how to do that very well.  I never have to worry if I am gone overnight, or away for the day.  He knows how to be a parent to his own kids. 

So, in the light of honest, sincere love, displayed on an everyday basis, the Hallmark holiday of Valentine's Day leaves me mostly disgusted, though I admit that eating chocolate for any reason is a good thing.  If you are going to buy me flowers, send me a card, give me jewelry, then do it on your own volition, not under pressure of an overrated, overpriced, over-hyped holiday created for purely mercantile purposes. 

So, Happy Valentine's Day to all the true lover's out there who think February 14th is just for amateurs in the realm of what it means to really love someone.

In honor of that sentiment, I have a new article out on Medium, called Make Like A Chocolate And Bite Me

I hope you enjoy the humor side of all of this, and have a lovely day.

~Lisa

No comments: