Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Miscellaneous Summer Fun!

I know... it's been a couple weeks since my last post.  I get everyone all revved up for more frequent entries and then I disappear.  Not fair, right?

We have had a ton of company over the last couple weeks, and have done VBS, and I have been running with my tongue hanging out trying to keep up with my schoolwork inbetween it all.  Also, we have been finishing up projects for the fair.

Monday was spent in a frenzy of last minute stuff getting ready. Since the cake I did won't be coming back to the house I made sure I got a pic.  This is called a succulent cake.  The "flowers" are supposed to be different flowering cacti, which is why it is called a "succulent".   We'll find out tonight how it "faired".  Pun intended. (Insert collective groan here).





This summer has been "cool" compared to some.  I was walking through the living room the other day and these two were wrapped up like it was subzero out. 




Of course, the upside is that some hot tea has been enjoyed.  One afternoon I made a Trim Healthy Mama caramel coffee drink.  Yummy! I enjoyed it while reading some Brit Lit.





Caleb made a quilt to enter into the Fair.  Here he is pinning on a border.  Tubby claimed the quilt and looked annoyed when she had to move.




Quilting on Mama's spendy machine!  He did a great job.





Another sprocket for my "Sprocket Science" quilt.  It is all English Paper Pieced.  I enjoy working on it in the evening or at the lake.  A great take-along project!




This is a quiche made from the THM cookbook.  It was a hit with all the family.  Will definitely make that again soon, especially with the bounty of eggs we are blessed with.



Summer fruit salad... yummy!




Isaac had fun with these generic "Jenga" blocks.  Forget the game... time to design something.  Hmmm... wonder if he'll be an architect or an engineer?



 Ummm... aren't these supposed to be the lazy, hazy days of summer?  That white board is way too full for this time of year. 




Isaac has learned the fine art of multitasking.  He is drawing a picture for the fair, listening to The Piano Guys, and twirling his Fidget Spinner. 




We have some beautiful sunsets around here.   




So, that is it for now.  We have plans to go to the Fair and check out how our projects did and have some fun.  I hope everyone takes time to stop and enjoy something today, whether it is a sunset, the birds, a gentle breeze, yummy food.. or best of all: Family. 

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments: