Thursday, October 18, 2012

Getting A Few Things Done

October is more than half over, and both Esther and I are focused on NaNoWriMo coming up.  We've been chatting alot about our survival kits.  Mine is going to include chocolate, caffeine, a notebook, lots of pencils, music, and a good pair of ear buds that can double as earplugs. Esther's is much the same, minus the caffeine. :)  That girl doesn't need to be any more wound up than she is, bless her heart!

Meanwhile, we have been going about our business here.  Schooling is taking up more of my time, but that is fine.  It really is like working a full time job.  The ministry is going well.  Dale just started up choir practice on Sunday nights before service, and we are in the midst of planning a simple Christmas program.  We have our annual Harvest Dinner coming up, and I've donned the hat of "decorator".  Me and my big mouth!  That's okay as I have a couple of helpers who are chomping at the bit to lend a hand, and thankfully this happens before November!


I've been working on some small quilting projects for around the house.  I just finished the table runner for in the bathroom.  I love the colors!




Isaac has officially moved up to a big boy bed.  Dale and I bought a new bunk bed, so now we have no children in a crib or toddler bed!  How strange that seems!  However, I have to say that after moving to the twin sized bed, it makes HIM look pretty small again.  Of course, that means a new quilt for him, which is on the list for this fall/winter.  I've already got the fabric; now I need to get the time to put it together!

Also on the sewing list is a couple of skirts for Esther, and some things for Christmas, which I can't get into just yet.  I have the makings for all of this, so all I have to do is get started!  

Hope you all have a blessed day!

No comments: