Thursday, April 12, 2012

Getting Back to Normal

.... whatever that is!


We have had a whole week without anyone needing a bucket! I am tentatively breathing a sigh of relief, and saying we are over it, just dealing with the aftermath. The kids seem to have bounced back with that wonderful resiliency of youth. However, I am still TIRED, but functioning. My stamina is kaput. I get so bodily tired I can't even wiggle by the end of the day, but even that is improving. From all the reports I have heard about this bug, you can expect at least 2 weeks to get your energy back after the worst of the sickness is over. I still have another week to go.

Meanwhile, I have been fretting about getting ready for the Missions Conference. The schedule I had planned out a month ago is now trashed. Two solid weeks of dealing with the tummy bug saw to that. Now I'm in the "deer in the headlights" mode. I know what I want to get done, but now realize time is fleeting by too quickly and I really need to re-prioritize.

Believe it or not, while convalescing, I managed to finish up the knitting on the Jewelry Sachet, and now need to get the lining fabric. It is almost done! I've also been working here and there on the Azzu's Shawl. I'm almost to the end of the first skein, and wondering if I should just wrap it up there (no pun intended) or use the second skein I bought. I have no other use, and the shawl is still the size of a shawlette, so I am leaning towards just using up the second skein for this project.

I have started working on the Sunflower Quilt again, as well. I hope to get another block quilted today. That will have to be put aside while I make the valence for the living room, which is on the schedule for next week. I don't think that will take very long, but I will be glad to get it done.

We will be tackling some heavy cleaning next week as well such as detail cleaning the kitchen, wiping down cupboards, and decluttering and organizing the downstairs as much as possible.

Oh, I forgot, one day, before I got sick, I made this Hobo Bag. It is in my Etsy shop. The link is on the right hand side bar. Isn't it cheerful and "Springy"?

No comments: