Tuesday, February 3, 2009

UFO Sighting!



No, I'm not talking of the extraterrestrial kind.. I'm talking about those projects in a special plastic tub waiting to be finished. Now that I am starting to get back into the groove of things here for the most part, and finding out what our "new" normal is, I am trying to work in some time to be creative at least every other day, hoping to get that to every day. In other words, a time to work on some sewing or craft projects that I enjoy.

I got this book from my Grandmother a while back when she was downsizing her fabric and quilting stuff. I decided to try one of the quick and easy patterns in it a while back, and I just now finished it.





Here is what I have been working on recently. It is a nine-patch quilt, machine pieced, and hand quilted. Obviously I'm not done with the quilting yet. I started this project before we moved over 3 years ago, and I am determined to get it done. It has been stashed away for a while. No more stashing.. going to finish it this time. The nice thing about hand quilting is that it is easy to stop and go whenever I need to. Of course, most sewing is like. The problem is the cutting out phase that takes a while. For example, I will soon be embarking on the Spring/Summer annual sew-a-thon here. The sewing part will take a while, but at least it can be done in snatches of time. But the cutting out is more of a challenge, because I need CHUNKS of time, and when the table isn't occupied by schooling, crafts, eating, etc. You can guess how often that is. Anyway.. my current hand quilting project:

No comments: