Thursday, January 5, 2017

Start to Finish

Recently I saw a thread of posts on the Quilting Board titled "From Start to Finish".  It is a thread where we post pictures of the fabric we started a project with, and then the end product.  It is fun to see the materials in their raw form that inspired the vision for the quilt.  In honor of that thread, I will begin that tradition here.  Only today, I'm posting the "Start" and the "Middle" because I am so excited about the project. 

So, here is the fabric I started with.  The layer cake is called "Birds and Berries" put out by Moda.  I got it from the Fat Quarter Shop a couple of years ago, and was waiting for inspiration to hit before I cut into it.  Inspiration did hit, as a grandniece was born last fall, and we got a picture Christmas card with her adorable face on it.   As soon as I saw her pic, I knew exactly what fabric from my stash to use.  I did supplement background fabric (white), backing fabric (yellow floral swirl) and the binding (orange floral) from yardage I bought on sale last week.



I did a disappearing pinwheel block after watching a tute from The Missouri Star Quilt Company.  As you can see, I am adding a pinwheel border around the quilt, then after that I will put on another narrow white border.  Then it will just need to be sandwiched, quilted, bound, labeled and sent to the little darling.



This is a close up of my new pin cushion made for me by one of the twins' friends who is an expert at crochet.  She makes her own patterns and sells them on Etsy.  


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and is happily cozied up in a warm quilt!

Blessings,
Lisa



No comments: