Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Reading Time and the Girls' Swimsuits

Even in the midst of a crazy busy schedule, I like to take time to read to Isaac.  This morning after I finished my Bible reading and was enjoying a second cup of coffee... my first somewhat leisurely cup all week.... Isaac came downstairs and with an irresistible grin said, "Mama, will you read this to me?".

What is a Mama supposed to do?

So we snuggled up in the recliner and read about Curious George in the library.  After we were through, Isaac decided to make a Lego version of Curious George with a stack of books. Granted it is somewhat of an abstract art, but you can see the resemblance right down to the the lock of hair on George's head.




After breakfast and some packing for our trip to NY, I finished up the girls' swimsuits.  They seem well pleased with them.  Oh, Esther's hair is wet, but not because she was swimming.  She had just gotten out of the shower.  I love the colors in her swim suit!  Elizabeth's is very logical for her, as she is always blending into the background or out of sight to read.  


Benjamin is dropped off at camp, though they aren't actually starting the hike until tomorrow evening due to a nasty storm going through this area tomorrow during the day.  "They" say that we are supposed to get at least 2 inches of rain, and winds up to 100 m.p.h.!  So, after I got back, we battened down the hatches around here.  We won't be around, so we wanted to make sure the house was secure before we leave later this evening.

Blessings to you all!



1 comment:

Regina said...

Wonderful job on the swimming suits, Lisa! They did say 100mph winds, but I am rather skeptical. We'll see though. I hope my rocks hold down the newspapers around my tomato plants! LOL