Thursday, May 21, 2015

Summer Reading for Pre-K through 2nd Grade






I got this freebie link in my email this morning and was thrilled with it.  It is through 3 Dinosaurs.  It is a summer reading program for the younger kids, easily adaptable for any child.  She has sets for tots, up through 2nd grade, though not all are free.  I just downloaded a ton of second grade material.  Some of the concepts are beyond Isaac right now (like the double digit math problems and adding up coins) but they will come in handy later.  The first grade material wasn't free, but still looks like a good bargain.  Here is a link for the 3 Dinosaurs Summer Program.

Here is where the home schooling mom in me comes out, even though we aren't technically home schooling right now.  I would look ahead to each of the themes and get out read aloud books, and level books for Isaac to read to me.  I would also find theme related crafts and coloring sheets for him to do, as well as games and activities for outside in the fresh air.

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments: