Monday, April 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY: April 27

Outside my window... Sunshine! And cool air for the moment. It is going to be hot today "they" say.

I am thinking... about the day's activities and what I would like to accomplish today then paring down the list to something somewhat reasonable.

I am thankful for... The Lord being my Anchor and Rock.

From the learning rooms... Finishing up our U.S. Constitution and Space lapbooks this week. Our School term is winding down and I need to make up a general plan of what we need for next term.

From the kitchen... Nothing exciting, just regular cooking today, minimal actually. We'll be baking tomorrow when it is cooler.

I am wearing... Pj's and summer housecoat, slippers. (I need to start doing this after I get dressed. It looks like I hang around in my pj's all day eating bonbons!)

I am creating... Dresses for the girls... never even touched them last week! Also knitting a laprobe for our Fibers of Faith ministry.

I am going... to a FOF meeting tonight.

I am reading... Still in Psalms in the Bible. I just finished "The Road" on CD. It was very good!

I am hoping... To finish the girls' dresses this week, and get their slips started, also get the fabric for the quilt I am making washed. As soon as I am done with the girls' stuff, I'll be working on that quilt!

I am hearing... The early morning birds doing their thing, and the gentle sound of pages turning behind me o the couch as the older four have been up for a while doing their Bible reading and now just "for fun" reading while I have my coffee.

Around the house... I have glads to plant in the memorial garden, and some indoor herbs to start for the fun of it. Also need to do laundry today, and get to hang it out!

One of my favorite things... Listening to the peepers after the kids are in bed at night.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Getting manure put on the garden plot, go through the bikes and get rid of the extraneous parts and pieces, get my bike oiled and tightened or whatever needs to be done, make dentist appointments for me and Dh, and eye appointment for Benjamin, and of course, the never ending sewing! :D

Here is picture thought I am sharing:


FOR TODAY: April 27

No comments: