Friday, April 11, 2008

Husband of the Week

Just as I was signing in to do a new post I heard this noise outside... THUNDER??? Wow. It IS spring, eh? So, depending on what this little storm does, I may have to sign off here quickly.

Another week has passed. Busy as usual, full of ups and downs, as usual. I hit what we call "critical mass" this afternoon around lunchtime. I was getting so flustered and frustrated over everything. I have been running full bore just to keep on on the basics, and still not quite doing it. Never mind the "extras" that I see that I would like to do. It still takes quite a bit of energy to focus to get things done, but that is getting better. It seems like I spend a lot of time and energy redoing or re-instructing kids.
"Don't forget to put the stool back when you are done so no one will trip over it" (this is repeated ad nauseum).
"Jerusha, no honey, you can't play in the flour."
"Don't forget to shut the basement door when you come up." (repeated ad naseum)
"Put your shoes away" (repeated ad nauseum)
"Hangs your clothes neatly, so I don't have to re-iron them!" (repeated ad nauseum)
"Jerusha, don't take that from Caleb." (ad nauseum)
"Put your clothes away neatly so your dresser drawers will shut" (repeated ad nauseum)
"Jerusha, don't touch that" (again ad nauseum)
You get the idea here.
Anyway, Dale called me on lunch hour and I must have sounded particularly tense because he ordered me to stop doing what I was doing (folding laundry) and to eat lunch (it was 1:30 and I had gotten the littles down for naps a few minutes before). Then he laid down the law, in no uncertain terms. I was to lay down, or rest with my feet up until Jerusha got up from her nap. I hoped she would take one of her abbreviated versions, but alas, she slept until after he got home from work! I admit I was up and about before she got up, but I did rest for a couple hours. It did help. I even snoozed on the couch for about 15 or 20 minutes while the children were finishing their schoolwork.

What does all this have to do with the title? Well, a lot when you think about it. But the reason why he is getting a very special mention right now is because he volunteered to stop at JoAnn's for me since he is so close to it at work. That way I don't have to take the time to drive all the way up there for a few things that he is willing to pick up. Not only that; I needed lace. Poor fellow... by the time he got through figuring out the difference of flat lace and gathered and eyelet and whatnot... he must have had a headache. He picked out some very nice lace, I have to say. He also got me some interfacing (which he is pretty well versed at by now) and some bias tape. Isn't he a saint? So, I have no excuse but to get to the sewing.

No comments: